Community Fundraiser - part time
Community Fundraising Officer – Berkshire – 30 hours a week (flexibility) Salary up to £27,332 pro rata
HOME BASED but must be within commutable distance of the Twyford office
If you have experience of fund-raising or you have a sales or marketing background and are looking for a role where you really can make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
We are working with a professional support service based in Berkshire who are looking for a Community Fundraiser to join them. Daisy’s Dream are very well established and in their twenty fifth year. They work with children and their families who have been affected by life threatening illness or bereavement.
The Community Fundraising Officer forms part of a small, home-based fundraising team who work closely together delivering a varied programme of fundraising activities including corporate, trusts and grants, community, events and individual giving fundraising.
Job role of the Community Fundraiser:
- To maintain, develop and grow the community fundraising portfolio at Daisy’s Dream. This role will be the first point of contact for community fundraisers, providing support and resources, thanking and working to develop positive, ongoing relationships.
- Seek out new community fundraising opportunities to connect with new audiences both online and offline and diversify our community fundraising income to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Manage recruitment of new volunteers and work to retain and engage current volunteers, maximising their offering to Daisy’s Dream.
Work closely the Fundraising Team, in particular the Events and Engagement Officer, and the Communications Officer to develop a schedule of community fundraising products and activities throughout the year, working to budget and against income and engagement targets.
Who we are looking for:
- Ideally you will have previous experience of fundraising however we are open to a candidate with transferable skills from a similar customer focussed role, such as marketing or sales.
- A friendly, personable communicator with the ability to forge wide-ranging and productive relationships.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Organised with good attention to detail and able to spot opportunities to maximise fundraising.
- You will enjoy working as part of a small, busy team and feel at ease picking up the phone to talk through a task or ask for support where needed.
- A thoughtful communicator, passionate about building long-lasting relationships
- Good IT skills, excellent local and community knowledge, and access to a vehicle are essential for this role.
There will occasionally be a requirement for some flexible working to support evening and weekend events; you will be compensated for this by time off in lieu.
A full job description is available on request.
Please apply here your CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability/relevant experience for the role.