Sales Manager - Oil & Gas telecoms
Sales Manager – Oil & Gas - Livingston – up to £70k/double OTE (negotiable)
Remote – 1 day a week in the office after initial handover in Livingston
Our global telecommunications client is looking for a Sales Manager to join them focussing solely on the oil, gas and offshore renewables markets. Your role will be to maintain and grow business within the existing portfolio of clients and also develop new opportunities. New opportunities will come from direct engagement with energy companies or approved integrators.
The role currently focuses on those companies operating in the UK and Europe.
The role is supported by a Project Manager and two Project Engineers and you will be expected to have a good understanding of the market and understand the technologies used within the area of “top side communications” including Metrological, Navigational, PAGA and CCTV systems
• Significant experience selling into the oil, gas and offshore renewables market
• Must be able to demonstrate experience of maintaining and growing business within existing accounts and development of new accounts
• Have knowledge and connections into platform owners and approved integration companies
• Accountability and leadership of ITT’s, RFI’s and RFQ’s
• Must have be able to demonstrate an understanding of “topside comms”, including Microwave radio, VHF/UHF, VSAT, CCTV, PAGA, PABX, Metrological & Navigational systems
• Ideally you will have some experience with offshore LAN/WAN deployments
• Must be able to build sales plans and adapt the sales plan where required to develop a short, medium and long term pipeline of opportunities
• Experience of managing a support team of Project Manager and Project Engineers
• Must be willing to travel around the UK and Europe (25% - 50%)
• Weekly and monthly reporting the to the Sales Director
This role is open due to the imminent retirement of the current Sales Manager, therefore initially 50% of the candidate’s time will be spent in the Livingston office doing an account handover, introductions and relationship building with existing clients. There is already a very healthy pipeline of business for the next fiscal year.
After the initial period, the role is flexible in terms of location. Mainly homebased with the need to attend the office (Livingston or West Midlands office) on a weekly basis.
Please apply here with a short covering letter.